Tuesday 27 September 2016

I'm Shy and Awkward,Not Rude!

0






I can’t tell you how many times I have heard a friend say this to me: “You’re so nice! I can’t believe I used to think you were such a b****!” 

I’m very shy and awkwardSociety once labelled me as 'Bitchy Resting Face' Girlwhich isn’t really my fault! If I give you a mean look or don’t really speak up, that doesn’t mean I don’t like you or have something against you. It’s just me being my 'weirdo self' mode and I’m sorry if it’s coming off the wrong way, but honestly I want to be friend with everyone!

I’ve always been a shy girl. My whole life, people have been quick to assume that I'm rude rather than just shy. I get it – dealing with shy people can be difficult. I know that being awkward in social situations can easily come off as acting bitchyBut I wish that people would take a minute to get to know me rather than automatically come to the assumption that I'm being rude. Although I might have a hard time starting a conversation, I'm always listening intently and thinking about the things I wish I could speak up..
When I was in high school, I didn’t speak up in class, my teachers would assume that I just didn’t care. When I meet new people, if I don’t feel very comfortable with them right away, they come to the conclusion that I don’t want to talk to themThey just don’t know how to deal with shyness! However, I don't blame them. I just can't say I'm shy!

There's another thing that’s hard for me,which is is saying hello to people. I don’t say hello because I don’t want to interrupt them. I realize that this lack of greeting makes me seem cold and rude. I don’t mean for it to be that way! The truth is, meeting new people is a struggle for me. Trying to think of things to talk about with someone I don’t know literally gives me goosebumps. I feel this panic rise up inside of me and I start psyching myself out, "What if I say something boring or stupid that doesn’t make any sense? What if I accidentally say something offensive?" Sometimes, it’s just easier for me to not start a conversation at all.

Choosing to be a physiotherapist was probably one of the things that helped me the most. There, I had to learn to deal with all sorts of different people with different problems and I also had to learn how to mix with society. While it was terrifying at first, I eventually got used to it. 
Basically, the moral of the story is this: don’t always assume that someone who is being quiet is being rude! We’re just feeling very shy.

*P/s: Alright. I got to go. I'll be back but not as soon as possible. I'm a busy lady these days. I'll update when I'm free. Stay tuned!




Love,
W.
Location: Klang, Selangor, Malaysia

0 comments:

Post a Comment